« Back 1 Next »
1240 new groups were added, now 29431 groups are carried by aioe.org
Some minor update was made:
- Some new usenet peer was added
- Documentation was updated about data retention, which is now 12 months instead of 6
- 220 new groups were added
Several major changes in the list of all newsgroups available on this site, which is often referred as active file, were made in order to clean it from deleted, unofficial and malformed groups:
- About 15586 groups which never received messages in their life on this server were removed.
- gmane.* hierarchy was deleted since a good feed is missing for those groups.
- For each official hierarchy, the list of groups which are carried on this site is now synchronized with the official list which is kept updated by hierarchy administrators. Therefore 1247 groups were removed because they don't exist in the official list and 4 groups have changed status (mostly from moderated to free groups. No groups were added. Active file used for comparison is ISC's official one without binary groups.
Currently, 27936 groups are still carried.
There're a few enhancements in the web site. Several bugs were corrected.
Most relevant changes are:
- Statistical graphs now are drawn with a nicer and clearer look (see main statistical page for examples)
- Inflow statistics are now working (see Eternal September page for an example)
- A simple web blog is now online which reports changes, failures and other important notices
- SSL certificate needed by https was renewed with a new StartSSL free SSL certificate